How to Brighten your Bathroom with Creative Vanity Mirrors
Every morning when you wake up and stumble into the bathroom, for most of us the vanity mirror is the first place we look. If you are tired of just looking at a plain mirror, try brightening your mood and bathroom with a creative one! The world of mirrors is vast, but depending on the size of your vanity area, if you share the space, or if you want to highlight the entire wall, will help you choose the right one. Here are tips for making the first place you look an inspiring and brightening one.
- Choose unique shapes: While rectangular and square mirrors are the norm, they don’t have to be. Bringing in different shaped mirrors such as oval, circular or even an arch shaped mirror will instantly boost your spirits in the morning. Try repurposing mirrors from old bedroom dressers and give them a new look with added embellishments such as seashells, rocks, or glass tile mosaics around the edges. The shape and the creative decorative touches could be gorgeous.
- Use innovation in your mirrors: Every year the world of innovation and technology gets larger and larger, and keeps us wondering, “What will they think of next”? If you are a person who enjoys listening to your favorite songs while getting ready, or even catching up on the latest news, there is a vanity mirror for you. Mirrors that can connect to your MP3 player and television monitors that are installed inside the mirror are great ways to bring innovation into your bathroom.
- Mounting with a view: What better way to greet the morning than looking outside? Home owners have found creative ways to mount their mirrors on window frames, and even hung mirrors from the ceiling in front of windows to get bright natural light, and views simultaneously. Several mirror manufacturers have side mirror mounting hardware which extends the mirror off of the wall by a few inches. This allows for your mirror to hang in front of the window as opposed to being affixed by the back. Consider mounting wall light sconces to the sides of your mirror(s) to bring light into your vanity area at night.
- Make your mirror the center of attraction: Mirrors can extend across the whole length of your vanity to enlarge your bathroom and to bring drama to your space. Full length mirrors are a good idea for low light bathrooms, as light will reflect off of the mirror and in turn brighten your space. Vanity lighting can be installed through the mirror or consider using pendant lights or recessed lighting in the ceiling. Depending on your bathroom size, and sources of natural light, your mirror could help the aesthetic and visual appeal of your bathroom.
Your vanity mirror should be a welcoming asset of your bathroom, and not just a fixture that is ignored when you look into it. From shape and innovation to letting in natural views behind it, your vanity mirror just got brighter and more functional. Look through kitchen and bath magazines or grab inspiration from home decor blogs and websites. Designers have come up with creative ways to brighten your view, first thing in the morning.
Do you have a creative way to display vanity mirrors in your bathroom? Who has one of those cool ones with the MP3 player or television? I want one!Via: Freshome
New York Real Estate Access | Your Access To Every Home On The MLS!
* Instant access to all MLS listings
* Receive future email updates of new listings they day they hit the market!
* Save listings, searches, email friends, and more...
Start Searching For Homes Today!
Tayeb Realty Group | Real Estate Professionals
Search for Homes!
- March 2012 (24)
- February 2012 (12)
- January 2012 (2)
- October 2011 (1)
- July 2011 (12)
- June 2011 (8)
- April 2011 (9)
- March 2011 (6)
- February 2011 (15)
- January 2011 (28)
- December 2010 (18)
- November 2010 (18)
- October 2010 (21)
- September 2010 (21)
- August 2010 (20)
- June 2010 (32)
- May 2010 (27)
- April 2010 (50)
- March 2010 (33)
- February 2010 (41)
- January 2010 (33)
- December 2009 (39)
- November 2009 (15)
- October 2009 (4)
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
- $8000 credit (TARP) 30-year mortgage rates 2009 NAR Profile of Home Buyers and Sellers adjustable rate mortgage (ARM) American housing market an energy-improvement mortgage (EIM) Appraisal Atlanta average interest rate Bank-owned properties Bank of America Corp. bank or lender Bank repossessions Basement Remodel Beacon Economics Bedroom Remodel Ben Bernanke better house better resale value beyond. Some believe VOWs could also pave the way for a comprehensive Multiple Listing Service Bloomberg News borrower borrowers borrow more Broker brokerage listings Build-to-suit commercial real estate credit credit report credit score economic recovery existing-home sales Federal Housing Administration FHA FHA loans First-time home buyers First-Time Home Buyer Tax Credit fixed-rate mortgage foreclosure Foreclosures home buyer tax credit home owners Homeownership home prices home sales Home Values housing market interest rates IRS loan mortgage mortgage applications Mortgage Bankers Association mortgage payment Mortgage Rates mortgages NAR National Association of Realtors new york real estate office space properties property values real estate real estate market real estate news real estate trends REALTORS refinancing Remodeling Short Sale tax credit Tax Incentives value of home