How to Keep Buyers Focused
Many buyers are paralyzed by the vast selection of houses for sale and by the fear that the value of the property they choose will fall as soon as they own it.
“Buyers have read a lot about foreclosures, short sales and how desperate sellers are,” says Sarah Ritter, an associate with RE/MAX Properties in Western Springs, Ill. “They feel there is this fabulous deal out there, a mansion with all the bells and whistles. …They are convinced the next house they look at will be a better deal, and with so much inventory now on the market, they keep looking and looking.”
Here are a few ways to keep a potential buyer on track:
· Line up financing. Find out what your buyers qualify for so you don’t end up looking at houses they can’t afford.
· Decide what they want. Make a list of the most important features and then refine the search.
· Use technology. Help clients get organized by previewing as many properties as possible via the Internet.
· All real estate is local. Remind buyers that those news reports they are hearing of falling prices are often in places other than where they are looking.
· Make an offer. Even a low offer is a starting point. The worst that can happen is that the sellers will refuse to negotiate.
Source: United Feature Syndicate, Lew Sichelman (12/19/2010)
New York Real Estate Access | Your Access To Every Home On The MLS!
* Instant access to all MLS listings
* Receive future email updates of new listings they day they hit the market!
* Save listings, searches, email friends, and more...
Start Searching For Homes Today!
Tayeb Realty Group | Real Estate Professionals
Search for Homes!
- March 2012 (24)
- February 2012 (12)
- January 2012 (2)
- October 2011 (1)
- July 2011 (12)
- June 2011 (8)
- April 2011 (9)
- March 2011 (6)
- February 2011 (15)
- January 2011 (28)
- December 2010 (18)
- November 2010 (18)
- October 2010 (21)
- September 2010 (21)
- August 2010 (20)
- June 2010 (32)
- May 2010 (27)
- April 2010 (50)
- March 2010 (33)
- February 2010 (41)
- January 2010 (33)
- December 2009 (39)
- November 2009 (15)
- October 2009 (4)
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
- $8000 credit (TARP) 30-year mortgage rates 2009 NAR Profile of Home Buyers and Sellers adjustable rate mortgage (ARM) American housing market an energy-improvement mortgage (EIM) Appraisal Atlanta average interest rate Bank-owned properties Bank of America Corp. bank or lender Bank repossessions Basement Remodel Beacon Economics Bedroom Remodel Ben Bernanke better house better resale value beyond. Some believe VOWs could also pave the way for a comprehensive Multiple Listing Service Bloomberg News borrower borrowers borrow more Broker brokerage listings Build-to-suit commercial real estate credit credit report credit score economic recovery existing-home sales Federal Housing Administration FHA FHA loans First-time home buyers First-Time Home Buyer Tax Credit fixed-rate mortgage foreclosure Foreclosures home buyer tax credit home owners Homeownership home prices home sales Home Values housing market interest rates IRS loan mortgage mortgage applications Mortgage Bankers Association mortgage payment Mortgage Rates mortgages NAR National Association of Realtors new york real estate office space properties property values real estate real estate market real estate news real estate trends REALTORS refinancing Remodeling Short Sale tax credit Tax Incentives value of home