Interview: Ascend Of An Interior Designer with Celebrity Taniya Nayak
Taniya Nayak is the famous star of “Destination Design” on HGTV, partner of HomeGoods and one of the American “design idols”. We think that her positivism, creativity and charisma are great attributes for an interior designer which is why we decided to find out how Taniya gained them along the way. In the interview below you can find out what determined her passion for this industry, how a typical day in her life goes and many many more inspiring details. We know you guys are looking forward to her answers, so here they are:
- Freshome: What determined your passion for design? Tell us about the moment when you decided this is the way to go.
- Taniya Nayak: The moment came when I was lying in bed with insomnia one night reflecting on my life and my meaningless jobs and thinking “I’m too young to NOT be doing something I LOVE”. I made the decision to go back to school to get a masters degree in Interior Design. Everything just fell into place from there. When it’s right, it’s RIGHT!
- Freshome: Can you remember your first design project? Describe it a bit, whether it is a gizmo you worked at as a little kid or something that was sold at a large scale.
- Taniya Nayak: My first design job was my first college dorm room! I was obsessed with sunflowers so I handpainted a table and had my mom make a duvet and valance that had the sunflower theme. SO glad my taste and style have developed since then!!
New York Real Estate Access | Your Access To Every Home On The MLS!
* Instant access to all MLS listings
* Receive future email updates of new listings they day they hit the market!
* Save listings, searches, email friends, and more...
Start Searching For Homes Today!
Tayeb Realty Group | Real Estate Professionals
Search for Homes!
- March 2012 (24)
- February 2012 (12)
- January 2012 (2)
- October 2011 (1)
- July 2011 (12)
- June 2011 (8)
- April 2011 (9)
- March 2011 (6)
- February 2011 (15)
- January 2011 (28)
- December 2010 (18)
- November 2010 (18)
- October 2010 (21)
- September 2010 (21)
- August 2010 (20)
- June 2010 (32)
- May 2010 (27)
- April 2010 (50)
- March 2010 (33)
- February 2010 (41)
- January 2010 (33)
- December 2009 (39)
- November 2009 (15)
- October 2009 (4)
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
- $8000 credit (TARP) 30-year mortgage rates 2009 NAR Profile of Home Buyers and Sellers adjustable rate mortgage (ARM) American housing market an energy-improvement mortgage (EIM) Appraisal Atlanta average interest rate Bank-owned properties Bank of America Corp. bank or lender Bank repossessions Basement Remodel Beacon Economics Bedroom Remodel Ben Bernanke better house better resale value beyond. Some believe VOWs could also pave the way for a comprehensive Multiple Listing Service Bloomberg News borrower borrowers borrow more Broker brokerage listings Build-to-suit commercial real estate credit credit report credit score economic recovery existing-home sales Federal Housing Administration FHA FHA loans First-time home buyers First-Time Home Buyer Tax Credit fixed-rate mortgage foreclosure Foreclosures home buyer tax credit home owners Homeownership home prices home sales Home Values housing market interest rates IRS loan mortgage mortgage applications Mortgage Bankers Association mortgage payment Mortgage Rates mortgages NAR National Association of Realtors new york real estate office space properties property values real estate real estate market real estate news real estate trends REALTORS refinancing Remodeling Short Sale tax credit Tax Incentives value of home