Key Features of the New Housing Rescue Plan
The government’s newest housing rescue effort, which was announced Friday, includes these key tenets:
- As much as $14 billion of the Troubled Asset Relief Program (TARP) will be made available to pay for writing down second liens for loans whose borrowers refinance through the Federal Housing Administration.
- Lenders that facilitate refinances through the FHA will be required to write down the principal of the first mortgage by at least 10 percent so the home owner has a loan-to-value ratio no higher than 97.75 percent.
- Lenders of second liens will be offered incentives of 10 cents to 21 cents per dollar of principal they write down in connection with an FHA refinance.
- Borrowers who lose their jobs can apply to have their mortgage payments reduced for three to six months while they search for a new job.
- Borrowers with a payment still greater than 31 percent of income after they find a job will be considered for a permanent loan modification.
- To encourage more short sales and “deed in lieu” of foreclosure transactions in which the lender settles the loan for less than is owed, the government will double assistance to borrowers to $3,000 and increase incentives to subordinate lien holders and investors to $6,000.
Source: Reuters News (03/26/2010)
New York Real Estate Access | Your Access To Every Home On The MLS!
* Instant access to all MLS listings
* Receive future email updates of new listings they day they hit the market!
* Save listings, searches, email friends, and more...
Start Searching For Homes Today!
Tayeb Realty Group | Real Estate Professionals
Search for Homes!
- March 2012 (24)
- February 2012 (12)
- January 2012 (2)
- October 2011 (1)
- July 2011 (12)
- June 2011 (8)
- April 2011 (9)
- March 2011 (6)
- February 2011 (15)
- January 2011 (28)
- December 2010 (18)
- November 2010 (18)
- October 2010 (21)
- September 2010 (21)
- August 2010 (20)
- June 2010 (32)
- May 2010 (27)
- April 2010 (50)
- March 2010 (33)
- February 2010 (41)
- January 2010 (33)
- December 2009 (39)
- November 2009 (15)
- October 2009 (4)
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
- $8000 credit (TARP) 30-year mortgage rates 2009 NAR Profile of Home Buyers and Sellers adjustable rate mortgage (ARM) American housing market an energy-improvement mortgage (EIM) Appraisal Atlanta average interest rate Bank-owned properties Bank of America Corp. bank or lender Bank repossessions Basement Remodel Beacon Economics Bedroom Remodel Ben Bernanke better house better resale value beyond. Some believe VOWs could also pave the way for a comprehensive Multiple Listing Service Bloomberg News borrower borrowers borrow more Broker brokerage listings Build-to-suit commercial real estate credit credit report credit score economic recovery existing-home sales Federal Housing Administration FHA FHA loans First-time home buyers First-Time Home Buyer Tax Credit fixed-rate mortgage foreclosure Foreclosures home buyer tax credit home owners Homeownership home prices home sales Home Values housing market interest rates IRS loan mortgage mortgage applications Mortgage Bankers Association mortgage payment Mortgage Rates mortgages NAR National Association of Realtors new york real estate office space properties property values real estate real estate market real estate news real estate trends REALTORS refinancing Remodeling Short Sale tax credit Tax Incentives value of home